Enabling Model based test approach for In-House test frameworks
Functional test phases are the last stages of system development. They are therefore strongly constrained by delivery periods. Currently, test phases still correspond to 30% or even to 50% of the total cost of system development and thus represent an important point for possible improvements.
With Agile methodology adopted and sprints becoming shorter, there is another factor which adds to this cost i.e. agility required in test phases - faster response from QA irrespective of manual or automation task is expected.
Overall goal would be to provide true reflection of test optimization guided by the maintenance of the final quality while minimizing the costs. Model Based Testing seems to be an interesting choice, which can help QA become more agile and yet promising to identify all the bugs in the system.
Model-based testing is a software testing technique in which the test cases are derived from a model that describes the functional aspects of the system under test.
Models can be used to represent the desired behavior of a System Under Test (SUT), or to represent testing strategies and the SUT environment
In this talk, we will focus on How Model Based Testing improved our current Process of Test Case Writing and Automation, How Model Based Testing is useful in Agile - in providing quick feedback and decreasing test Case/Automation creation time.
Quick Peek: Our Model Based Testing Tool enables out of box automation capability for API\GUI based system under test, empowering QA to start automation without coding.
Outline/Structure of the Experience Report
- Introduce Model Based Testing
- Insights into traditional Test Case Writing and Automation process
- Optimizing current process using Model Based Approach
- How Model Based Approach aligns with Agile Process
- Insights of our Model Based Testing Tool
- Key Difference between our tool and tools already available in Market
- Live Demonstration
- MBT Challenges
- Ways to enable Model Based Approach for In-House Test Frameworks
- Why you may need to develop an In-House tool for Model Based Testing
- Problems faced in Test Case Writing and Automation that can be overcome by Model Based Testing
- How Model Based Approach increases Test Case Coverage and aligns with Agile
- Challenges you may face in applying Model Based Approach.
Developers, QA, Product Managers, System Architects, Managers