Practical Tips & Tricks for Selenium
Have unanswered Selenium questions? Want to learn how to use Selenium like a Pro? Join Dave Haeffner - author of The Selenium Guidebook - as he steps through the best and most useful tips & tricks from his weekly Selenium tip newsletter (Elemental Selenium).
Topics covered include:
- Headless test execution
- Testing HTTP status codes
- Blacklisting third-party content
- Load testing
- Broken image checking
- Testing "forgot password"
- Working with A/B testing
- File downloads
- Additional debugging output
- Visual testing & cross-browser testing
All examples will be demonstrated in Java.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
Discuss the following topics (spending a few minutes on each):
- Headless testing with Xvfb & GhostDriver
- Automated visual testing & cross-browser testing
- Using a proxy server for HTTP Status Code checking, Blacklisting, and Load Testing
- Forgot Password
- A/B Testing
- File Management (e.g., uploading files, and downloading files with and without Selenium)
- Additional Debugging Output with highlighting elements and in-browser Growl notifications
How to enhance your Selenium tests with additional tactics like headless testing, using a proxy server, incorporating automated visual testing, etc.