Continuous Integration in IoT world - "Mission Impossible" or "A last hope"?
It is predicted that till 2025 there will be over 75 billion devices spewing 180 zettabytes of data and generating up to 6 trillion dollars. That enormous increase force companies to introduce continuous approach to deliver product as fast as possible and be able to compete on the market.
The main question is how to test application for end user among so much hardware equipment and ecosystems combining HW, FW, mobile devices and complex backend architecture? Considering all factors and possible obstacles is it for companies a real “A New Hope” for companies or just simply “Mission Impossible”?
I will take the participants on a journey to the IoT world. It will be a talk about the challenges that any tester will face at some point. I will present the dangers, risks and snares but also good practices and practical approach to E2E test automation for the IoT solutions in CI approach.
Technical examples will be presented using Python languages and supported by physical devices.
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
1) Introduction to IoT
2) Basic problems in IoT testing
3) Case study presentation
4) Step by step solution found
5) Components needed to implement before
6) "Glueing" components do deliver ready test environment
7) Final results, numbers, view for product people
- Real examples of challenges while HW/FW testing
- Possible problems with wireless protocols testing
- Vision system usage in testing
- Value of introducing proper approaches to HW related projects
- CI flow for embedded SDLC
- Understanding of HW/SW dependencies for mobile testing
- Example of usage in Python and/or Bash languages
Automation QAs, DevOps, Test architects
Prerequisites for Attendees
Concept of Continuous Integration
General experience/knowledge about SDLC