Get your site tested using Selenium coupled with NightwatchJS for a quicker execution
Nightwatch.js is an easy to use Node.js based end-to-end (E2E) testing solution for browser based apps and websites. It uses the powerful W3C WebDriver API to perform commands and assertions on DOM elements.
Nightwatch works by communicating over a restful HTTP API with a WebDriver server (typically the Selenium server). The restful API protocol is defined by the W3C WebDriver API.
Nightwatch when coupled with Selenium becomes very strong and deliver quicker execution results with beautiful and user friendly html reports.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- What is Nightwatch JS
- Why and when to use NightwatchJS
- Installation of NightwatchJS
- Taste of Selenium in NightwatchJS
- Sample Test and its explanation
- Execute the test
- Integration with Jenkins (If time permits)
- Questions & Doubts
- Kickstart to Selenium with Nightwatch
- Functional test along with BDD using Nightwatch and Selenium
Tester who is planning to move from Manual to Automation and has a basic idea of Selenium, Automation Testers who are working with Selenium and JS
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basics of selenium is what is mandatory and rest everything would be taken care of.