Let's do Desktop with WebDriver !!!
There have been several tools that can do Desktop Automation; however, most of them are commercial tools. Did you know that there is an implementation using the WebDriver that can perform Desktop Automation - Its called Winium. This talk is about this unsung hero in the world of Automation.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Desktop Automation Concepts
- How does Windows recognize Objects and how we can use in Automation
- Basics of Winium (Internals of WebDriver)
- Implementing Desktop Automation with Winium
- Practical usage of Winium
- Integrating with a Selenium based framework
(The talk will also accompany case study experience on how Winium has been implemented for a large banking institution for their product testing).
- Understanding how desktop Automation works
- Winium understanding
- Approach to developing a singular framework for Web/Desktop
Test Analysts, Test Managers, Everyone in Testing
Prerequisites for Attendees
Good to know some basic Selenium & ofcourse some hunger for new tools and technologies.
schedule Submitted 1 year ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Dharmesh Vaya - We are Manual Testers !!Dharmesh VayaTest ConsultantFirstRand Services
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Okay so what if we are Manual Testers, we look at some core areas of testing. But then, we are often told to go the Automation way to improve efficiency, the throughput of our work and all the other blah blah blah..
So no harm in doing Automation, but now comes the difficult part - Do we need to learn a language like Java/Python; Which tool do I learn etc. Can I do mobile testing with it?
An interesting solution to all such questions is an OpenSource tool called 'Katalon'.