Code vs. Codeless Test Automation: How to Choose?
As codeless automation tools rise in popularity, we'll take a deeper look to see what lies beneath. While many believe that codeless solutions will continue to gain in popularity due to the simplicity of recording tests which empower non-developers with the ability to automate. You'll be surprised how far from the truth this really is.
In this talk, we will compare the pros and cons of both code and codeless options, which will help you make a more clear and sound decision regarding your automation stack.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- We’ll start by discussing the most important features you should expect from an automation platform.
- We’ll then review those features to determine if they are doable in codeless, and if not, what’s a viable workaround
- Review the pros/cons of codeless and code-based test automation solutions.
- Conclude with recommended solutions aligned with each type of tester’s needs (SDET / Devs / Manual) and why.
- Understand the key features every test automation tool should include
- Learn where codeless automation tools fall short
- Pick up workarounds to help you fill codeless tool automation gaps
SDET / Devs / Manual testers / Managers
Prerequisites for Attendees