Testing for Startups
Testing for StartUps is very different than testing for big businesses. Mostly, because of the lack of funds and time to market – which are common constraint across the globe. But most importantly, because the startups are mostly pivoting, if not completely, then in parts. Their feedback cycle have to be super-efficient and really quick. Users are directly involved and lot of monitoring and user metrics decide the way forward for the product.
When testing for such fast moving startups , one needs to strategize smarter with their time, funds and tools. The approach taken is indeed out of the box sometimes. Unlike, existing businesses where the end goal is defined, startups are lot of times open to a new end, which is more glorious than what they had originally planned for. (This may sound like machine learning has been inherently applied.)
The ideas and responses will be radically different and pretty disruptive, for some routine questions for developing the test approach, in case of a startup- Why are we testing, what are we testing, Who will test, what will get impacted, how to test, which tools can help, what metrics are the business measuring, how much time do we have….
Learn to test for startups in the coolest and most efficient way. Be useful to your business.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
1. Understanding key goals of testing for startups and metrics that measure its success and how different they are from testing for big or routine businesses.
2. Understanding key fundamentals and influencing factors in startups vs. big businesses.
3. Role of testing and testers. What kind of testing is critical - how and which open source tools can be implemented rightaway.
Tips n Tricks - Seek support from organisation / Collaborate with other teams / Get metrics, monitor them / Monitor logs / Get developers to test / Test in production / UX testing. Involve users.
- Testers will understand why it is different to test in startups? And what is really critical to startups from testing point of view.
- What are the key inputs testers should look at while building their approach to test for startup? How much more agile testers have to be and the startups too.
- Free/Opensource Tools and tips that help fasten the testing process for startups.
Testers, Test Leads/Managers, Product Managers
Prerequisites for Attendees
Not much in specific - Basics of testing should be good.