Want to Deliver Quicker and with Higher Quality? Stop Starting, Start Finishing!
Are you struggling with delivering a potentially releasable working product every iteration? Ever wonder what one of biggest reasons we have difficulty getting things done at the individual, team and organizational level are? Do you keep doing something even though you know it reduces your productivity and lowers quality? We are going to run an exercise that highlights one of the major culprits that you have all experienced and probably continue to experience. The exercise will likely ignite a little (or big) fire in your belly that will help you become more productive and improve the quality of your work. From this, we will discuss ways to improve this at the individual, team and organization levels.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- Run exercise (30 minutes)
- Run two different table exercises showing common way we work and a significantly more effective way to work
- Debrief/discussion (15 minutes)
- Help attendees relate to exercise through powerful questions
- Ways to improve (20 minutes)
- Provide ways to improve at the individual, team, enterprise, and organizational level
- Q&A (10 minutes)
- Participants will gain an understanding, through an exercise, of the cost to productivity a common habit has, that many of us indulge in
- Participants will have a new found desire to fix one of the major issues that reduces productivity and quality
- Participants will have 2 approaches to fixing the issue
Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Developers, Team Members, Testers, Program Managers, Product Owners
Prerequisites for Attendees