From Commit To Production And Beyond - The Continuous Delivery Pipeline
You've probably heard about Continuous Delivery and DevOps, but how are the two related? Throughout this talk you will learn what Continuous Delivery is and why your organization should strive to achieve it. You will then embark on a Continuous Delivery journey that will highlight the level of DevOps maturity an organization should be at to safely deliver to production on a regular basis and keep it running for the long term.
This talk will give you some ideas of what a Continuous Delivery pipeline looks like and a workflow the Dev, QA and Ops groups may want to follow. Particular attention will be paid to the application life after deployment and ways of managing the complexity of an ever more distributed system.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Small into to Continuous Delivery (CD).
- What do you gain for implementing CD and why even do it.
- An example CI/CD pipeline with a description of each step and more importantly why.
- Example of the pipeline in action to solve a business need, see each stage and where it can fail.
- Wrap up.
After attending this session, you'll learn:
- What is Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Why you want to strive towards CD.
- What does a CI/CD pipeline look like and the various stages.
- What the various stages give you and why you want them (why have a start up phase, etc).
Anyone interested in DevOps, pipelines and what it means to ship software.
Prerequisites for Attendees
Just some basic knowledge of what a pipeline is and that DevOps is a word.