Qualitified Agility: Infusing Continuous Quality in Agile Development Environment
Agile and iterative development practices are progressively becoming the de facto standard and the new norm for software development/delivery. Rapidly evolving business needs pose challenges to many organizations to increase the speed of delivery and do better with less. Unfortunately, this often results in sacrificing quality, which in turn results in poor customer experience and consequently business losses.
In this session, we will discuss how to ensure continuous quality through software delivery pipeline while maintaining delivery speed, the importance of efficient testing feedback mechanism in agile development environments and some infamous fallouts, if quality is overlooked.
We will also go a step further and dive into a blueprint and a roadmap to enable continuous quality, and fostering quality driven mindset across an organization. We will then take a brief look at a spectrum of tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Bamboo, Selenium, Cucumber, Splunk etc. that can be used to enable continuous quality throughout the software delivery pipeline.
Outline/structure of the Session
- What is continuous quality?
- Why continuous quality?
- How to implement continuous quality in an agile environment?
- Where do we start and how do we get there?
- Tools for success
- Mindset shift
By the end of this talk, participants will be able to:
- understand the need for continuous quality in an agile environment and start having informed discussions in their teams/organizations to adapt continuous quality approach
- implement continuous quality by utilizing the blueprint, roadmap and tools discussed in the talk
- recognize the need for necessary mindset shift in their teams/organizations and tackle it accordingly
Anyone that is passionate about delivering high-quality software and looking to adopt continous quality approach in their teams