You Need to Change - Start Here!
Your team has hit a plateau in their performance and is no longer improving at the pace you are used to. You, as their leader, are racking your brain to determine what the issue might be. What would cause such a team to stall out. Have you considered that the cause might be you?
The level of consciousness of an organization cannot exceed that of its leader. (Frederic Laloux). Enabling your team to reach ever higher levels of performance requires that you do so first. In this workshop, we will guide leaders through the Immunity to Change framework developed by Robert Keagan and Lisa Lahey and demonstrate how the Immunity Map can be used to catalyze change in your leadership. Participants will practice using the Immunity Map to identify areas of improvement, limiting beliefs, assumptions and behaviors that are holding you and your team back from higher performance. You know that you need to change. Now’s the time. Start here!
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
- Introductions - 2 minutes
- Exercise: Table True / False - 3 minutes
- Each table discusses the examples provided where the current state seems to be impossible to overcome and determines if the statement is true or false
- Examples: weight loss, quitting smoking, heart patients changing behavior in order to live, etc.
- Exercise: Table Discussion: What are the reasons that it is so difficult to make lasting change - 2 minutes
- Presenter Reveal: What are the reasons that it is so difficult to make lasting change - 3 minutes
- Introduce Immunity to Change - 5 minutes
- Exercise: Individual Reflection: Where do you see immunity to change in the world and/or in your own life - 2 minutes
- Exercise: Share your thoughts with a partner - 2 minutes
- Keys to overcoming your immunity to change - 5 minutes
- Exercise: Card Sort: Determine if the challenges on the cards are “technical” or “adaptive” - 5 minutes
- Understanding technical and adaptive challenges - 3 minutes
- Normalize the fact that we all have behaviors that can be improved - 1 minute
- Create safety: The following activities require introspection on behalf of participants. Take a few minutes to create a safe space for participants to share openly. - 4 minutes
- Individual Reflection: How are your behaviors limiting your team’s performance? - 4 minutes
- Exercise: Share your thoughts with a partner. How are your behaviors limiting your team’s performance? - 4 minutes
- What is an Immunity Map - 2 minutes
- Column 1 Setup - 1 minute
- Individual Exercise: Complete the first column of the immunity map - 4 minutes
- In Pairs: Share your first column - 3 minutes
- Column 2 Setup - 1 minute
- Individual Exercise: Complete the second column of the immunity map - 4 minutes
- In Pairs: Share your second column - 3 minutes
- Column 3 Setup - 1 minute
- Exercise: Complete the third column of the immunity map - 4 minutes
- In Pairs: Share your third column - 3 minutes
- Column 4 Setup - 1 minute
- Exercise: Complete the fourth column of the immunity map - 4 minutes
- In Pairs: Share your fourth column - 3 minutes
- Forwarding the action - 5 minutes
- Individual Reflection: What are the implications of your discovery here today?
- In Pairs: Share the implications
- Facilitated Discussion: What next steps do you intend to take?
- Closing - 2 minutes
- Describe technical and adaptive challenges
- List the components of an Immunity Map
- Use the Immunity Map template to walk yourself through an adaptive challenge that you’re facing
Leaders who want to get their teams unstuck and moving towards high-performance.
Prerequisites for Attendees
Come prepared to reflect on your own behaviour and underlying beliefs that are contributing to the lack of performance on your teams. The more open and honest you are with yourself, the more you will get out of this session.
schedule Submitted 2 months ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Carlos Oliveira - The Power of Design Sprints for Product TeamsCarlos OliveiraCo-Founder and PartneradaptiveX
schedule 4 months agoSold Out!
Today, product teams are under pressure to be more creative, innovative and delight customers sooner, but lack the knowledge and skills to know where to start. Agile product teams have frameworks and methods for rapid feedback, but generally lack real data from real users to make good business decisions. As product release cycles run long, team members lose enthusiasm and their focus on the customer.
As a tool, design sprints offer Agile teams an effective and transformative formula for testing ideas with real people, whether you're on a small team at a startup, or inside a large portfolio of projects at an enterprise organization. Within five days, teams move from idea to prototyping to better business decisions, ultimately saving time, effort, and energy over the long-run. Join Carlos Oliveira as he introduces design sprints for product teams, a process for rapid experimentation and learning that helps teams solve big problems and test new ideas in less than five days.
Originally created by three partners at Google Ventures, the process has been proven at hundreds of companies. Carlos has run dozens of design sprints for the Fortune 500 and firmly believes that product teams can benefit and harness the power of design sprints to focus their efforts and deliver more appropriate solutions to market sooner.
Brock Argue / Erkan Kadir - Get Buy-in Now!Brock ArgueEnterprise Agile CoachSuperheroes AcademyErkan KadirEnterprise CoachSuperheroes Academy
schedule 2 months agoSold Out!
Have you ever struggled to gain buy-in from your boss, a stakeholder or an executive for a key direction or product decision? Do you have good ideas, but find that no one is listening? In this 90-minute workshop, you'll learn how to meet executives on their level, build rapport by using their language, and create an elevator pitch to gain buy-in for your ideas. You'll leave this workshop with a strategy to analyze stakeholder needs, a formula that lays out information in a way that grabs and keeps executive attention, an elevator pitch you can use in your work and an action plan for delivering your pitch successfully.
Mariete Sequera Hernandez / Savita Pahuja - Is my Scrum Master hiring process right?Mariete Sequera HernandezAgile CoachScotiabankSavita PahujaAgile CoachScotia Bank
schedule 3 months agoSold Out!
One of the first actions organizations follow after deciding to jump into an agile transformation is assembling an agile team. To come with the "team" a hiring process begins. The hiring managers rush to pick the people following a generic profile of the ideal members.
After some time the selected candidate decides to leave you earlier than expected, generating high levels of stress across the project to was he/she was allocated. In other cases the organization is “forced” to keep the person as part of the team even though the performance of the employee is not the desired because of the person’s replacement process can be very complex.
In this workshop, we will share some tips to find the “perfect fit” for your organization. Furthermore, we will learn the power of asking the right questions at the right time so that your organization can get the right fit for your team.
Join us and learn how to improve your hiring process and start enjoying the benefits of finding the right people in your organization.
Savita Pahuja / Mariete Sequera Hernandez - Becoming a Superhero Professional via generating self-awarenessSavita PahujaAgile CoachScotia BankMariete Sequera HernandezAgile CoachScotiabank
schedule 3 months agoSold Out!
Are you the one who is aspiring to achieve success in your career? Are you the one who is trying to change the role or want to have a promotion? Are you too busy to be a successful professional? So, you have two options in life: strive to achieve your dreams, or keep dreaming. This session is for those people who strive to achieve their dreams.
For a while, Industry is improving as per market standards so as the employees working in those corporates. People focus a lot on their technical skills and assume this is the means for further development and growth. That is true but not the only way to achieve success.
Personal development is not only about improving technical skills but also soft skills. At the same time become a better person, team player, and a leader. You can achieve great success if you have self-awareness of how you are performing.
Self-awareness works at different levels: emotional, tactical and edge behaviors. Let’s explore together different techniques that will help you to achieve your goals.
Mariete Sequera Hernandez / Savita Pahuja - I got my Scrum Master Certification – Now what?Mariete Sequera HernandezAgile CoachScotiabankSavita PahujaAgile CoachScotia Bank
schedule 3 months agoSold Out!
The Scrum guide specify specific roles, ceremonies, and artifacts. Initially, and after going through the official training, aspiring Scrum Masters assume, "this is so simple" I am just ready to go and start working.
But "surprise, surprise" after getting your dream job you realize that you have more questions than answers. You struggle to navigate very uncomfortable situations such as: justifying your value to your organization, resolving team problems.
Come and join this session to hear about some tools that you can add to your toolbox that will make you a better version of yourself. You will be able to make a difference and show your actual value to your organization and improve your reputation as a professional.
Savita Pahuja / Mariete Sequera Hernandez - Considerate Leaders Who CoachSavita PahujaAgile CoachScotia BankMariete Sequera HernandezAgile CoachScotiabank
schedule 3 months agoSold Out!
This is a known fact that most of the people leave managers not companies. So why do people leave because of managers? Are we missing an important skill in managers’ profile?
This is an important puzzle to solve if you want to grow as a good leader and have a positive impact on your teams. Come and join this session to unleash your leadership potential through coaching skills. We will discuss easy to learn coaching skills that can be incorporated in your one to one sessions with employees or your day to day conversation with the team.
Deb Dash / SAURABHA RATH - Finding the new "YOU"
About the session: -
Finding the new “YOU” - through reflective coaching
Have you discovered your true self yet?
Despite our diverse backgrounds, we all have one thing in common and that is our life journey map. The intensity of our experiences on this map may differ to some extent, however the similarities of characteristics of the map might surprise us. We all have our high and low points. These points leave impressions in our mind that largely define our identity and our reactions to any event around us.
We tend to view the world from the lenses of these deep impressions. Therefore, we unconsciously allow judgement, biases to overtake our pure intelligence. We suffer a world of chaos, stressful, negative and become suspicious of every events or may be we are just holding a mirror projecting ourselves :).
This leads to self-introspection and emergence of below questions:
- “Why do I feel disturb sometimes for no specific reason?”
- “Does the workplace have to be always stressful and noisy?”
- “Is there no simple approach to solve complex problems or big change?”
- “Why I love to go to some meetings but hate other meetings?”
- “Do I have to create lot of noise to be heard and get promoted?”
- “Why do we always have to get into conflict, how can we avoid?
Do you wish someone can answer your questions?
We invite you to join our workshop "Finding the new YOU" where we prepare you for the most awaited (much needed) journey. You will find your answers experientially. The bigger question is "Are you ready?"
Structure of the session:
The speakers will highlight how the transformations program face resistance at all levels (Organization, Team and Individual). Then, speakers will demonstrate how answers to above questions are critical and play key role in enabling any kind of transformation including agile and digital.
The last part of the session will go deeper into carefully connecting how individual transformation is essential before we try to tackle an organizational transformation. Also, how can we create a revolution of individual transformations within the organization that will accelerate organizational transformations.
This 45 minutes require the participants 100% presence and participations. We encourage participants to challenge some thoughts as we are experimenting these methods as well and would like to share and continue to sharpen our approach.
Who should attend:
Are you curious? Are you facing a lot of resistance and challenges as you are trying to bring a change in your organization? Do you want to focus on your new “YOU”? Do you want to sharpen your coaching skills? Do you want to increase your self awareness?
If your answer to any of the above question is YES, then you will find this workshop extremely useful. We will provide you proven tools/techniques to help you in finding these answers.
What’s in for YOU as change leaders:
- A key to unleash your true potential within
- A key to maintain your balance and composure in conflicting situations
- Getting Self-awareness for balance and composure (I think we have addressed this in WHO Should Attend place? What do you think)
- Being Creative rather being reactive
Deb and Saurabh are coaches by passion and in IT world for around 20 years. We have written many success stories while working leading businesses such as Bank of America, American Express, Aetna, UHG, NCR, General Electric, TD Bank, Bank of Montreal, Johnson & Johnson, Bombardier and few more.
Our Mantra – Life lessons are the best learnings and coaching is not only about talking.