User Guide - Manage Tasks
helpWhat are speaker tasks?
- Speaker tasks help you track and manage various activities you would have to perform in order to prepare for their entire conference experience. For example, a speaker task could be an actionable item such as "Apply for Visa", if you are a foreign speaker at the conference.
- Speaker tasks have states which help track how a particular task has progressed. The states are new, in progress, and submitted. This help organizers keep track of how speaker has progressed in his preparation, and offer assistance if required.
- Email and web notifications are sent to remind you of any task of yours which is not completed before the due date.
helpHow to view speaker tasks?
- Hover on your name displayed on right top corner to open the user menu. Choose My Proposals from the drop down.
- You will see your proposals grouped by conference.
- If your proposal is selected, then for that conference we display Speaker Tasks button below the conference logo.
- To check your speaker tasks page click on
helpWhat are the different task status?
- For speaker tasks, a task can be any of the three statuses - new, in progress, and completed.
- When a task is created it's status is new.
- Task can be marked as in progress, completed by the speaker as well as the conference program chair.
- New status is represented as
- In progress status is represented as
- Completed status is represented as
helpHow to mark speaker task as in progress/completed?
- Click on top right user menu. Select My proposals from the drop down.
- A list of your proposals by conference wil be displayed.
For the conference which you have been selected as a speaker, a speaker tasks button will be visible under the conference logo. To open speaker tasks page click on
- To mark a task as in progress, task should be in new status. On click of task will be marked as in progress.
- To mark a task as completed, task should be in in progress status. On click of task will be marked as completed.