Sr. QA Automation Engr @ AOL
location_on United States
Member since 1 year
AOL, Dulles Feb 2015 – Present
SR QA Engineer
The project is a one stop shop for Advertisers to create advertising campaigns, target audience
and get a report on the reach of the campaign.
- Provide automated end to end UI testing and ensure that the tests are integrated as part of the CI/CD process.
- Work on test plans for projects that will be integrating with the DMP.
- Collaborate with other teams for requirement gathering, task prioritization and blocking issues.
- Have started a meetup like group for Protractor to help people from different teams come
- up with processes and guidelines for writing tests and understand the tool better.
- Investigate tools that provide test reporting, coverage analysis and help automate the task
- in and efficient manner.
- Work on writing, maintaining and enhancing the REST API smoke tests.
Environment: Protractor, Jasmine, Karma, Grunt, Git, Stash, Jenkins, Robot framework, Python,
Jira, Confluence, Slack.
Blackboard, Washington DC May 2012 – Feb 2015
Pr. Automation Engineer
AxMAN/AxNG(Automated Execution and Reporting )
The project was conceptualized as a Test Execution framework to run tests on a distributed
environment and report the execution results.
- Managed a team of offshore and internal resources to deliver a great execution framework for automated tests.
- Acted as a liaison between off-shore team developing automation tools and QA team using the tools
- Obtained functional requirements from the stakeholders and conveyed them to the offshore
- team for implementation.
- Managed sprint planning, issue mitigation, and release rollout of the test tools
- Performed code reviews of test automation infrastructure updates
- Trained new team members on how to use the automation tools
- Performed deep dive and troubleshooting of issues with automated test scripts
- Worked on ensuring FitNesse tests execute in Cloud AWS environment.
- Investigate new automation tools like Protractor and AngularJS.
Environment: Java, PostGreSQL, MongoDb, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Perforce, Ant, Log4j, JMS, JIRA
Blackboard, Washington DC May 2008 – Apr 2012
Sr. Automation Engineer
Automated Solution for System Integration and System Testing (BbASSIST)
BbAssist was developed to introduce automated testing methodology in the company.
- Develop, document and train the QA group on best practices and processes for test automation.
- Worked on a pilot to test capabilities of Selenium tool for UI testing.
- Developed the pilot into a fully-fledged project that changed the direction of Automation tests from SilkTest to object oriented framework.
- Build the Java infrastructure on which automated tests could be developed.
- Provide Functional design documents and test documents complete with UML designs for
- team to work on.
- Converted SilkTest tests to Java based tests and extended coverage beyond SilkTest.
- Managed offshore team and leveraged the resources to deliver Outcomes conversion project on time.
- Develop, Document, and Train the QA group on Best Practices and processes for test automation
- Reviewed the team work by performing code reviews using Crucible.
- Worked with the QA, Project Management and Engineering teams for collaboration on releases and service packs and to in crease the scope and coverage of automation tests.
- Used Agile development methodology for the development.
- Conduct interviews to increase the Automation team size to handle increasing workload and expansion needs.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, MS Access, PostgreSQL, Selenium, TestNG, Perforce, Ant, Log4j,
Jira, Fisheye, Greenhopper, Crucible
API Development and Integration Testing Infrastructure (ADITI):
API test harness was developed to test Blackboard’s public APIs. The public APIs are
provided for Blackboard clients to build their own Building blocks. For that purpose the APIs should
be well documented, functionally adequate and properly tested.
- Maintain and update existing API test harness.
- Add additional test coverage to the harness.
- Provide multi-release support and coverage.
- Fix any failures, bugs that show up during the nightly builds.
- Interact with the Engineering and Client facing teams for clarifications regarding test coverage, functionality and usability.
- Provide detailed documentation of updates and work done on every release.
- Work with offshore team to train them on execution and maintenance of test harness.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Ant, Linux and Windows servers, Perforce, Fusion
- Aftek Infosys, Pune, India Embedded Software Engineer November 2002 – August 2003
Premier Technology Group, Nagpur, India Software Developer July 2001 – November 2002