Specialises In (based on submitted proposals)
Web Development - Product Development
10+ Years’ experience in Java/J2EE Application Development/Product Development and Design.
Lead - Performance and Reliability Engineering Team at IG Group
Websphere Application Server-Messaging.
1 Invention Research Disclosure publications published through IBM
IBM So You Think You Can Innovate 2012 global winner.
RAD Certified Application Developer.
NIIT Certified Software Professional -ANIIT.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication from Visvesvaraya Technological University with 65%
Pre University Education in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology from MES College with 70%
State School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) from MES with 84%
Java : JSP & Servlets : JMS : Web Services, OSGI: HTML & Java Scripting.
RDBMS: Oracle 8.1, DB2, MySQL
Development Tools : Rational Team Concert, Eclipse Juno, RAD, DB2, RPT, SOAPUI,UML.
Version Control : CMVC, Remedy, Harvest, CVS.
XML and Webservices: XML, SOAP, WSDL.
Application Servers : Weblogic 10.0, WebSphere application server 8.5, maven, ant.
Operating Systems: Windows, Solaris, Linux, zOS.
- Performance and Reliability Engineering Team - Lead at IG Group (April 2014 to Current)
Team is responsible for creating and maintaining Performent Apps, Apps that are having hallmark Relibility. IG provides Trading APIs and Platform for active traders. Performance and reliability is of highest concernt. This team is ensures over 99.9 % reliability is maintained in the Trading platform by creating/developing and using cutting edge technology.
- Product Development – IBM LABS
Websphere Application Server –SIBus (Aug 2010 to Mar 2012)
- Part of the development team for Websphere messaging-Service Integration Bus.
- Improved resiliency of Websphere Application server SIBus high availability by designing and developing a system that avoids long running database locks. The solution implemented was to change the locking algorithm to have short database locks, which would avoid a long exclusive lock held on the database, while also maintaining data integrity.
- Implemented synchronous startup of Messaging Engines in zOS environment by creating notification mechanisms between the CR,CRA and Servant regions. The issue addressed here was to bring in a mechanism that avoids the issue of zOS regions starting up asynchronously enabling the Messaging Engine on CRA to start after the Applications on the SR. This issue was overcome by introducing a complex mechanism across SIB, Runtime and zNative components involving worldwide teams to design and implement the solution which would synchronize the startup sequence of the regions. I implemented the feature from the SIB standpoint where the Messaging Engine does not startup until the zOS server has started and notified.
- Implemented a feature to continuously compute the number of messages/metadata in the persistent store and output the statistics in the SystemOut.log that would provide key information to address customer serviceability issues.
- Implemented the User Interface and Configuration management system for Lightweight messaging system called liberty messaging, which is part of the composible server called the Liberty profile.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing new features into the product, across service streams and development stream.
- Responsible for handling critical customer issues and to provide hotfix/patches to resolve key issues
- Implementing features to improve the resiliency and performance of the product.
- Senior Software Engineer, ACCENTURE (Dec 2008 – Aug 2010 )
Designing and coding using Spring/Struts framework for Selfcare Web Applications.
- Developed the SFCFO application from scratch using Struts 2.0 framework and JAXWS webservices to interact with Backend systems. Also developed core functions of SFCFO application for operations like Order SIM, Order Mobile, Additional offers for customer.
- Implemented a webservice for PSGMO application for PM02 and PM06 2008 release that handle authentication and authorization through webservices interaction rather than the conventional LDAP approach.
- Part of the study team to provide understanding and sizing of new requirements of the customer. Also convert them to Functional Specifications and Technical design document.
- Also provided support for the legacy client’s legacy systems GMC,GCR and Gamma applications.
- Complete responsibility of Dev, Test and Production boxes for deployment of SFCFO, PSGMO applications. Also responsible for handling all severity 1 defects on production.
- Involved in setting up client visits and provide presentation on the new applications/functionalities/features.
- Software Engineer/Application Developer, ACCENTURE (Feb 2006 – Dec 2008)
Washington Mutual Card services (WaMu)
- Implemented Kofax for CP-Rewrite project, it fully automated the customer’s credit protection system to process the customer’s credit protection data.
- Worked several projects on Enterprise Content Management Systems like Opentext Livelink and Vignette to add new features/workflows etc.
- Analyze client business operations and provide sophisticated advisory services to improve business processes for Payments, which included Planning and Executing multiple projects in parallel.
- Creation of Functional Specifications, Technical Design document based on ADM methodology (Accenture Delivery) and
discussions with Software Development Manager and Onshore Client Team.
- Coding, Unit Testing and delivery of Patches, HotFix and Quarterly Project Release for Applications.
- Conduct business re-engineering by designing, developing and implementing existing system functions and softwareapplications for Payments.
- Design, code and test web front ends to integrate them with server side processes for Payments.
- Onsite coordination activity ensuring all issue resolution information is provided at the earliest for Payments.
- Deploy & maintain Application in Weblogic Application Server.
- Apart from Payments was also responsible for other key customer Back Office applications like Livelink and Kofax.
- 3 time National Car Rally Champion representing team RED ROOSTER RACING and KARI SPORTS for INDIAN NATIONAL RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP (INRC).
- A good cricketer who plays for Division 3 cricket from the year 2001 till date for Bangalore zone(Karnataka State Cricket Association). Was also called for visiting tours to Sri Lanka in the year 2001 and for the tour of England in the year 2003. School and College Cricket Team Captain throughout.
- Have won several National Level Racing/Rallying Events.