Jon M Quigley
Consultant and Trainer
Value Transformation LLC
location_on United States
Member since 2 years
Jon M Quigley
Jon M. Quigley PMP CTFL is a principal and founding member of Value Transformation, a product development training and cost improvement organization established in 2009, as well as being Electrical / Electronic Process Manager at Volvo Trucks North America. Jon has an Engineering Degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and two Master Degrees from City University of Seattle. Jon has nearly twenty-five years of product development experience, ranging from embedded hardware and software through verification and project management.
Jon has won awards such as the Volvo-3P Technical Award in 2005 going on to win the 2006 Volvo Technology Award. Jon has secured seven US patents and a number of international patents. These patents range from human machine interfaces to telemetry systems and drivers aides. Jon is on the Western Carolina University Masters of Project Management Advisory Board as well as Forsyth Technical Community College Advisory Board. Jon also teaches Project Management classes at City University of Seattle via distance learning. Jon also is an expert at ITMPI (IT Metrics and Productivity Institute) giving webinars on numerous product development topics (http://www.itmpi.org/OurExperts/ExpertsView/tabid/701/ArticleId/3532/Jon-Quigley.aspx ). He is also part of the Pm2Go experts and can be found at http://pm2go.com/index.php?r=author/view&id=32.
Jon has membership in ASQ, SAE, AIAG and PMI (holding Project Management Professional Certification). Jon also has the CTFL certification from ISTQB.
Jon is the co-author or contributed to the books:
- “Project Management of Complex and Embedded Systems” ISBN - 978-1-4200-7205-1
- “Scrum Project Management” ISBN 978-1-4398-2515-0
- “Testing of Complex and Embedded Systems” ISBN 978-1-4398-2140-4
- “Total Quality Management for Project Managers” ISBN - 978-1439885055
- “Reducing Process Costs with Lean, Six Sigma, and Value Engineering Techniques”, ISBN – ISBN 978-1-4398-8725-7
- “Configuration Management: Theory, Practice, and Application” ISBN 978-148222935 May 1, 2015
- Contributor “Encyclopedia of Software Engineering” ISBN – 1-4200-5977-7 eISBN – 1-4200-5978-5
- Contributor to the e-book: “The Project Manager Who Smiled” by Peter Taylor. Catalog record for the book is available from the British Library ISBN 978–0–9576689–0–4 production June 2013
Jon is collaborating on another Project Management book (Q2 2016) through The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
In addition to these books, Jon co-authored with Kim H. Pries two Professional Development Series focus books for Software Test Professionals (Redwood Collaborative Media):
- “Saving Software with Six Sigma”, ISBN 978-0-9831220-0-5
- “Aggressive Testing for Real Pros” ISBN 78-0-9831220-1-2
He has co-authored scores of magazine articles that appear in more than twenty magazines.
He has also given numerous presentations at product development conferences on a variety of aspects of product development including testing and project management. Jon enjoys the beauty of nature, hiking in the woods and plays the bass. Jon lives in Lexington North Carolina with his wife Nancy, and son Jackson. Email Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org.