Member since 8 years
Specialises In (based on submitted proposals)
Currently working as Senior Consultant (Business Analyst , IM) at Thoughtworks technologies, Chennai.
Worked as Senior App Developer at iNautix tecnologies, Chennai.
I started as a software developer and then as technical analyst to a business consultant to a business analyst /Iteration Manager. I worked on consulting on various processes including Agile, Lean, Waterfall in various domains including Capital Marketing, Retail Banking, E-Commerce, Retail, M-Health, E-Health.
Scaling Agile For Enterprises with Distributed Engagement Models
I would like to share my experience in consulting and managing a distributed team - Identification of strategies for a transformation of "a lifeless program to a Successful Program " and journey from "Collective Inception to Collective delivery"
This becomes challenging especially with a complicated -distributed engagement model for our client which is a reputed and huge enterprise with presence in every corner of the world.
In a complete globalized world, the major bottleneck for a huge enterprise is the effective functioning of globally distributed teams despite using Agile,lean.
In my presentation, I am going to share the approaches that we tried to address the pain points including the following:
- Not even able to plan the Iteration planning meeting - Iteration planning not producing the outcome despite hours of planning meeting
- Manage dependencies between teams for a collective delivery
- Communication channel between teams (Change how you communicate/coordinate)
- To bring the organic coherence between teams despite the cultural difference
- To also worry about the unknown interfaces & disastrous scenarios
- Different team communities with different process and practices impacting the other team’s delivery
- To sustain the work ecosystem for all the teams
- Inoffensive collective Retrospective for a constructive learning
- Major Natural pain point – “its not the distance, it’s the time zones”
- Above all, Conflict Resolution
Eg: one part of approach which we tried was "Mountaineer-Diver Model".
Impacts of above are listed below:
- Dynamic Dependecy resolution between teams ( instead of long hours of call for each dependency)
- Collective , Objective planning for all the teams by matching the dependencies so that the delivery is not affected and also "All teams walking in same speed"
- More common understanding and project focus in all teams (Frustration with the team members reduced)
- All members from different teams directly interact and work even they are distributed ( as they spend some time physically working together as "integration teams")
- As a result of above -> 2 key metrics improved :
- Velocity of all teams improved
- Development and Testing complete even before the deadline -> Delivery before the scheduled date
- Very less time spent in meetings for conflict & dependency resolutions, planning , etc..
"Project execution was the key success".
This will help in approaching the issues pragmatically , dynamically and also help understand how its better to make a hybrid out of multiple tools rather than using only one single process tool.
Product Visioning during Inception
One struggle that we face in service sector in kickstarting new projects is understanding the vision of the product that business envisions or problems that business face. Especially when consulting in a wider vertical ( Retail, Medical, Data Analytics, etc...) , we constantly see a gap initially as to what the business vision for in a product that they would like to build and that is exactly what we want in helping Clients with our solution. As this understanding gets us to think innvoatively to solve the problem statement and ultimately this gets pictured in proposals and then projects. This consists of many subsets which is where we would like to see the features of the product that we build. This session focuses on how to use Product Box/ Press Note exercises to clearly get the vision in Product Owner/Program Mangager or whomsoever from Business (Client) to get the clear understanding of their vision in the product that they wish to see. This helps us to get into the insight of all the features and this excercise gets out everything in everybody's mind at ease. Also it is a good team exercise, builds good relation ship with the Client team too.
Agile & Consulting on Social Impact Projects
We are in living in the days where global giants(UNICEF, WHO, Bill Gates Foundation,...) invest in the social sector which now is the hitlist in the record of attraction. Information technology required for the upliftment of social sector via lot of aggressive themes on Financial Inclusion, HealthCare & Medical Inclusion, Targetting MDGs(Millenium Development Goals), etc... The session is focussed on portraying one such instance and how agile with lean methodology helped in the accomplishments of major contribution of IT in social space. The session will also have a greater latitude on how analysis and the breakdown of complex problem acheived more easier in agile way driving more directed at the outcomes and not just at the outputs.
No more submissions exist.
No more submissions exist.