McKinsey & Company
Member since 3 years
Specialises In (based on submitted proposals)
I am a software professional with over 16 years of experience in product management and software delivery. I have played multiple roles in her career starting as a developer. I transitioned to business analysis, product management and am at present a digital technology consultant. I am a multipotentialite - an entrepreneur, speaker, blogger, feminist, mentor, coach all rolled into one. I am also an artist and have exhibited and sold my art works. At present, I am authoring a book on product management
My first startup venture was Purple Art School ( https://www.facebook.com/purpleartschool/, where I conducted art workshops for children and adults. My second startup (AIDA) was in the event mobility and digital engagement domain (http://www.aidaio.com/ ). AIDA was shortlisted under the Top 10 Promising Startups by CII in 2015 and shortlisted finalist for Best Event Technology honor at MICE Asia Pacific, 2015.
I take great passion in mentoring and coaching women in their career pursuit. I love bringing people together to achieve meaningful goals. During my corporate tenure, I initiated a forum to encourage women to speak at conferences. I was also instrumental in setting up a childcare center at one of my former workplaces. I has also served in the global diversity/ inclusivity editorial board during my tenure at ThoughtWorks.
Some of my previous speaking experiences
- Speaker at Converge, 2016 – “Designing Solutions for Rural India”
- Speaker at Mobile India 2015 – “Event Mobile Apps”
- Speaker at Construkt, 2015 - “Evolving an idea into a Product”
- Speaker at Dr. Dobb’s Conference 2014, Pune – “Agility in the Workplace”
- Organized BAConf, 2013 at ThoughtWorks, Bangalore.
- Speaker at BAConf 2013, Bangalore– “Bringing up a product owner”
Personal blogsite: http://mangalamnandakumar.blogspot.in/
Articles published on TalkingCranes
- The Silent Spectator: http://www.talkingcranes.com/tc-article/silent-spectator/1509
Articles published on Womensweb
- What men should learn from women: http://www.womensweb.in/2017/04/what-men-can-learn-from-women/
- The New LeanIn Guide for Men: http://www.womensweb.in/2017/03/lean-in-guide-for-men/