Principle Software Developer
location_on United States
Member since 1 week
Wrote internal and Internet-facing REST APIs in Erlang, Python, and Perl.
Expert on the riak_core distributed systems foundational tool kit.
Enjoys keeping up with academic research and publications about distributed systems.
Frequent open source contributor (https://github.com/mrallen1):
- Primary maintainer of an EC2 client library (Net::Amazon::EC2)
- Primary maintainer of the perldoc utility. (Pod::Perldoc)
- Contributor to the Docker project.
- Author of a tool to install Erlang releases side-by-side and switch between them easily.
- Creator of http://introducingerlang.com to help developers learn Erlang.
- Several other web service clients in python, perl and Erlang.
Started and coordinate a functional programming languages meet up in Houston. Also active in local Perl and Python meetups as a speaker and attendee.
Speaker at OSCON 2011, 2012, 2013, Strange Loop 2014, RICON 2014, 2015, and Erlang Factory 2014, 2015 and other regional conferences.