Mark Grimm Communications
location_on United States
Member since 4 years
Former TV news anchor and small business owner Mark Grimm has a "can do" spirit and infectious energy that makes him an authentic leader who is wonderful to work with. Mark is a professional speaker, award-winning coach, message/media strategist, author, radio host and on-camera/voiceover performer.
TV News Anchor
Mark spent 12 years as a TV news anchor/reporter and producer, working in six markets. Mark
- conducted one-on-one interviews with Presidents Bush and Clinton
- appeared on CBS News and the Phil Donahue Show
- saw news ratings double as anchor at Denver's NBC-owned station
Mark's book, Everyone Can Be A Dynamic Speaker: Yes, I Mean You!, is both practical and inspirational.
Mark is the volunteer executive producer/host of the Siena Alumni Connection radio program on the 35-thousand watt powerhouse WVCR-FM 88.3 The Saint.
Mark was elected to the Guilderland Town Board as the leading vote getter in a four-way race that unseated two entrenched incumbents. While on the Town Board, he showed true leadership by cooperating with the majority when it was in the people's interest to do so, and opposing them when it was time to look out for his constituents. View results.
Mark has managed six political campaigns, including a Rensselaer County Legislature race where a first-time candidate upset an eight-year incumbent.
Since Fall of 2003, Mark has been an adjunct professor at either the College of St. Rose or Siena College. His courses have included Mass Media, Media Ethics, and Broadcast Journalism. In a St. Rose department review, Mark’s teaching was evaluated in five categories – content mastery, breadth & depth, delivery, teacher-student rapport, and overall rating. Out of a maximum score of 35, Mark received a 35.
Volunteer Civic Leader
- Past Chair of the First Friday Business Breakfast Series for the Guilderland Chamber
- Volunteer Master of Ceremonies for first Stakeholders' GOBY awards
- Past President - Stevens Farm Homeowners Association on West Lydius St.
- Founding committee member for Operation Welcome Home --- established during the 1991 Persian Gulf War to help provide a successful homecoming experience for returning vets.
As Director of Communications Services in the NY State Assembly, Mark
- Managed 22 employees in four units
- Coordinated statewide public forums
- Did media training for Assembly legislators and future legislators
From 1995-1998, as Special Assistant to the Director at the Governor's Office of Regulatory Reform, he
- Was driving force behind an office-wide database that tracked key results such as actual savings from regulatory reform
- Created a "What's Driving You Nuts" form, a popular feedback tool resonating with frustrated businesses owners statewide.
Mark is a top Albany on-camera performer and voiceover artist with nearly 30 years of experience in the field. Reliable, easy to work with, with flexible hours, Mark has had a large number of national and local clients.
- M.S., Public Communications, Syracuse University's Newhouse School
- B.A., English magna cum laude, Siena College (named the Conlin Scholar, Siena's top honor for English majors)