Specialises In (based on submitted proposals)
Every single day millions & millions of people in North America travel, bank, do commerce & shipments using the applications that Ram Lakshmanan has architected.
Ram is the founder of the highly popularGCEasy.io - Universal Garbage Collection log analyzer and FastThread.io - Java thread dump analyzer.
Ram advices startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to Governmental organizations on their critical technology initiatives. He is the recipient of popular developer contest awards & highly sought speaker
in major developer conferences.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramlakshman
Am I reading GC logs correctly?
There are several formats for garbage collection logs. Depending on the Java vendor (Oracle, IBM, HP,...), Java version (5, 6, 7, 8, 9), GC algorithm (serial, parallel, CMS, G1), and JVM options (-X..) garbage collection log format varies. Analyzing all these formats is not trivial. In this session, you will not only learn how to analyze different GC log formats but also how to troubleshoot complex memory problems with help of GC logs. We will walk-through some of the serious troubled real-world GC logs and troubleshoot them.
Don’t Dump the Thread Dump
Thread dumps are vital diagnostic information for identifying root causes of critical problems. In this session, you will learn different formats of thread dumps + tips & tricks to analyze them effectively. You will be introduced to real-world problems that are experienced by several major enterprises and how these tricks helped them to identify the root cause of the problem.
Become a Garbage Collection Hero ! (GC )
Are you building high throughput, low latency application? Are you trying to figure out perfect JVM heap size? Are you struggling to choose right garbage collection algorithm and settings? Are you striving to achieve pause less GC? Do you know the right tools & best practices to tame the GC? Do you know to troubleshoot memory problems using GC logs? You will get complete answers to several such questions in this session.
Tuning Garbage collection for an application is both an art & science. There are 5 different GC algorithms (serial, Parallel, CMS, G1, shenandoah) and 690+ JVM settings, which makes GC tuning to be a daunting task. There are very limited high quality literature and documentations are available for GC tuning.
I written several blogs related to GC tuning, which has been published in all major developer sites such as: DZone, Infoq, theserverside.com, Developer.com…. Here are some of my articles related to this subject:
1. Reduce long GC pause (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/reduce-long- gc-pauses/)
2. Real time greater than user + sys time (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/12/08/real-time- greater-than-user- and-sys- time/)
3. Sys time greater than user time (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/12/11/sys-time- greater-than- user-time/)
4. Consecutive Full GC Patterns (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/eliminate-consecutive- full-gcs/)
5. System GC (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/system-gc/)
6. Diagnose memory leak (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/resolve-memory- leak/)
7. Best Practices for rotating GC Log (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/15/rotating-gc- log-files/)
8. How to increase throughput? (https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/11/22/increase-throughput/)
I am a good entertaining & engaging speaker. Attendees smile, laugh & clap hands frequently in my sessions. I regularly speak at Java One and other conferences. Here are some of my talks:
- https://blog.fastthread.io/2016/09/22/2016-java- one-talk- few-memorable- moments/
- https://blog.tier1app.com/2013/10/07/7-secrets- of-wells- fargo-soa- platforms-high-availability/
- https://blog.gceasy.io/2016/01/02/spoke-vmoksha- technologies/
- My Blogs: https://blog.gceasy.io/, https://blog.fastthread.io/
- My DZone Profile: https://dzone.com/users/2756952/vmoksha.html
No more submissions exist.
No more submissions exist.