author of “Building Microservices”
location_on United Kingdom
Member since 2 years
Sam is an independent consultant specializing in helping people ship software fast. Sam has worked extensively with the cloud, continuous delivery, and microservices and is especially preoccupied with understanding how to more easily deploy working software into production. For the last few years, he has been focusing on the area of microservice architectures. He has worked with a variety of companies in multiple domains around the world, often with one foot in the developer world and another in the IT operations space. Previously, he spent over a decade at ThoughtWorks and then left to join a startup, before setting up his own company. Sam speaks frequently at conferences and is the author of Building Microservices and Monolith to Microservices (O’Reilly).
- Building Microservices (2nd Edition)
- Monolith to Microservices
- Lightweight Systems for Realtime Monitoring
- YOW! 2015 – Sam Newman – Deploying and Scaling Microservices
- Practical Considerations For Microservice Architectures by Sam Newman – YOW! 2013
- YOW! Nights July 2013 Sam Newman – From Macro To Micro – How Big Should Your Services Be?