Cognizant Technology Solutions
Member since 1 year
Sathishkumar Chakrapani email@example.com/ Mobile 9600012388
- Associate Director with Cognizant and a PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- I have 19 years of Project / Program management, Product development, IT Application development & Maintenance services and people management experience.
- Possess a strong Automotive domain knowledge, having worked across various automotive sectors, both Product & service offerings.
- I have varied industry experience (viz. IT Industry, Engineering service industry and core automotive industry) for clients from USA, Europe, Africa and APAC regions.
- Hands on experience in product development from concept to launch.
- Knowledgeable in various techniques like Agile SDLC, waterfall SDLC, Concurrent engineering, Rapid prototyping and simulation.
- I have led business units that have businesses over USD 10 million and about 100 team members spreading across 50 odd applications in a Global Delivery Model encompassing multiple geographies and multi-culture environment. Responsible for Cost point, Revenue targets, Operation metrics, Customer and Employee Satisfaction.
- Good track record on strategic selling.
- Specialist in handling new line of Business. Built successful teams and systems to support new business lines.
- Very conversant in handling matrix teams sitting across geographies (handling virtual / remote teams).
- KEY CERTIFICATIONS
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- ScrumAlliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Certified Six-Sigma - Green Belt (DFSS methodology).
- BVQI Certified internal auditor.
Achievements / Key Projects
- Client Relationship Management: In 2010, took over the Network domain program management team which was having a strained customer relationship and improved customer sat score by 1 point (in a scale of 10 point).
- In 2013, unearthed a record 5 million USD opportunities leveraging the clients strategic priorities.
- Delivery excellence:
- In 2011 & 12, took over a new cluster (Telco Construction and Engineering) for a top client and ensured a flawless delivery of IT solutions :
- 50 % reduction in defect density (defect / FP).
- Also achieved the highest client sat score since the inception of this business unit.
- In 2014 incubated two accounts based in Europe, both are now stable with no delivery related issues.
- I was part of 3 product launches.
- Program Management success story in 2007: Logan car accessories development for Mahindra Renault Ltd. – Program managed the entire (about 40 items) end-to-end development of accessories. Hands on experience of entire product development cycle and vendor management. Achievement is aligning unorganized Indian Auto Tier 3 supply chain to the needs of world class (Renault) standards. We completed the project with in budget and on time. The project was hailed a roaring success giving my company a classic case study for future sales pitch.
- Product development: G45 Mk3 FES – Represented Projects team in a cross function team involved in product development. The product was launched in record period of six months for use under wide range of Heavy duty trucks line of business. Significantly contributed towards developing the product that is manufacturing friendly. Used techniques like Rapid prototyping & concurrent engineering.
- Product development: 2005 Model car steering wheel for US Major @ TRW – Lead designer for the steering wheel development. Applied value engineering concept which resulted in savings of xx US cents per steering wheel that has projection of million pieces per year. Used techniques like Rapid prototyping, computed aided analysis and crash simulation test for this product development.
- Mobile computing: Provided leadership in putting in place an effective risk management plan, staffing plan and a good stakeholder management plan for Installation & Maintenance Mobile Workforce aid on Android Solution – Project to develop Engineering Records Viewer application for Smart phones. These were critical given the fact that this was the first of a kind project for the Account.
- Agile Initiative :
- Led successfully the initiative to make the account team based in Chennai (about 500 practioners) Agile ready.
- Currently leading an Agile transformation journey as an Enterprise coach with a mandate to transform 2000 people business unit.
- 6 new line of business: Led pilot project team and ensured that 6 new business initiatives (Mobile Computing, Tooling, Program Management, Digital Manufacturing, Consultancy and Sourcing) which became part of company’s DNA.
- In the capacity of consultant for Mahle – Germany, Brazil & India, I proposed Computer Aided Design & Engineering system solution with an aim to optimize the resource utilization and also cut down wastes on the communication. My recommendation included benchmarking and proposing CAD standards, topology, change management and Product Data management (PDM). This again was first of kind project for the company and used as a case study for closing deals.
- Developed communication strategy and plan for ITA (Institut de Technologie Alimentaire – Agriculture research institute) based in Senegal, Africa. This was part of a corporate social responsibility (CSR) assignment in 2013.
- Winner of various performance awards for customer satisfaction improvement and driving new initiatives.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Research (PGDOR) from Pondicherry University in 1997.
- E (Mechanical Engineering) from Coimbatore Institute of Technology (Bharathiar University) in 1996.
- Since Mar 2014 with Cognizant as Associate Director – Advance Solutions Practice
- Responsible for pre-sales and business development activity. Instrumental in authoring an out-of-box Agile solutions resulting in a win of around USD 25 million businesses.
- Leading Transformation of an business unit of around 2000 people from Waterfall to Agile development methodology
- Won a new logo (RLG) and agile AD business for Hiscox, both of which have its root in Europe.
- October 2007 to Mar 2014 with IBM India Pvt. Ltd. as Senior Delivery Manager
Role: Senior Delivery Manager
- As the IBM Senior Delivery Manager, I focus on the delivery of Services for a business uit and is responsible for all Maintenance, Enhancement, and On-Demand Service Requests.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure that IBM adheres to AT&T-authorized levels in the Maintenance and Enhancements Categories.
- Interact directly with the IBM Business Relationship Executive to establish Project Plans, staffing levels, prioritization and overall work plan direction.
- Talent Management: Conceived and driving an initiative to build domain in SMEs in Telecom outside plant engineering domain. Given the constraint of absence of well documented knowledge base, deployed an inside-out strategy for capability building.
Role : Senior Program Manager (in-charge for 3 programs / 30 Project Managers)
- Provided direction and leadership to Project working on Programs (Voice over IP, DSL – Video / Voice & Data over IP, Provisioning systems, Dispatch Management systems).
- Responsible for achieving good customer satisfaction score.
- Provide governance for 3 different programs – Project will get deployed during various Monthly and Quarterly major releases. Around 150 projects get deployed in a year.
- Formulated the strategy for my business unit aimed at achieving long term objectives in terms of customer satisfaction, partner relationship, management system and employee morale. This served as the back bone of the operations and results have been encouraging.
- July 2000 to October 2007 with Satyam-Venture Services Pvt. Ltd. as Senior Lead Engineer.
- Project Management viz. Capturing project requirement, Preparation of Project requirements specification (PRS), Estimation, Kick-off / initiation, Resource allocation, monitoring / tracking etc.,
- Handled pilot projects for all new clients, leading a team working on IDEAS, DELMIA, Unigraphics, Solid Works, Cimatron & CATIA.
- Served as liaison between Onsite Engineers and Offshore team during my 2.5 yr tenure at Onsite.
- July 1996 to June 2000 with Ashok Leyland Ltd. as Senior Engineer (Projects)
- Responsible from concept stage till the project is executed and handed over to production. Also I am accountable for Production capacity achievement for Body and Paint shop - Estimating the production times, machineries requirements, staffing requirements and related costs to finalize Production strategy based on Corporate Business plan.
- Successfully presented the Manufacturing Footprint planning, layout plan, & Investment plan for Leyland Engine paint shop.
- Provide engineering direction and support to the Production and Plant Engineering team on the Cargo cab floor assembly line.
- Increased the capacity in body shop and paint shop of cabin for IVECO model LCV “CARGO” by 30% by optimizing the resources through process improvisation, improved handling methods, process balancing and usage of Operations Research (OR) tools.