Adventures with Agile
location_on United Kingdom
Member since 2 months
Simon Powers has over 20 years’ experience helping very large organisations to thrive in the market and to be better places to work.
He works with the board of directors or senior managers to transform the way that they see themselves, each other, and their organisations. The results are better organisational design, better processes, more engaged staff, and an organisation that is customer focused and more successful.
He has been using Agile and Lean for the last 14 years, initially within IT, but in the last 5 years across the entire organisation.
Simon founded Adventures with Agile (AWA), a global community of practice for organisational change in 2014. He founded the AWA consultancy in 2015, and his experience comes from both his own direct experience and through the consultants that work for Adventures with Agile working across many of AWA’s clients.
Simon has hosted and trained with some of the world’s foremost thought leaders including Craig Larman and Bas Vodde (creators of Large Scale Scrum), Lyssa Adkins (Coaching Agile Teams), Scott Ambler and Mark Lines (Disciplined Agile), Sharon Bowman (Training from the Back of the Room), David Snowden (Cynefin and Sense maker), David Anderson (Kanban), Don Reinertsen (Lean Product Delivery), Michael Sahota (Leadership), Alistair Cockburn (Heart of Agile), and many others.
Simon has won awards for the person who has done the most to promote agile globally in 2016, the most popular agile conference speaker in 2016, and was part of the program that won the best implementation of agile in the UK public sector in 2015.
He has lectured at university, spoken at conferences all over the world, writes for the AWA blog, and has released multiple whitepapers. He is currently writing a book on Enterprise Agility.
Simon has multiple qualifications in the field of agile, coaching, and lean, and regularly teaches and coaches others in the same.
- Certified ICAgile Agility in Enterprise Trainer
- ICAgile Certified Professional - Agility in the Enterprise (ICP-ENT)
- Sits on the Disciplined Agile Consortium Board
- Certified Agile Leader (Scrum Alliance)
- Certified Agile Coach (ICAgile)
- Certified Trainer from the BACK of the Room
- Certified Disciplined Agile Black Belt Practitioner and Trainer
- Certified LeSS Practitioner (Large Scale Scrum)
- Certified SAFe Program Consultant
- Barefoot Professional Coaching Certificate
- Winner of the most popular Agile Conference Speaker 2016
- Winner of Person Who Has Done Most to Promote Agile Globally 2016
- Winner of Best Implementation of the Agile Transformation in Public Sector 2015