Author and Independent Management Consulting Professional
location_on United States
Member since 3 years
Specialises In (based on submitted proposals)
Steve Denning is the author of the book, The Age of Agile: How Smart Companies Are Transforming the Way Work Gets Done (Amacom, 2018). Steve is the former Program Director, Knowledge Management at the World Bank. He now works with organizations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia on leadership, innovation, Agile management and organizational storytelling. Steve’s innovative work has been recognized world-wide. His clients have included many Fortune 500 companies. He also leads the SD Learning Consortium, a group of major private sector firms that are sharing knowledge about the Agile transformation journey. You can follow Steve on Twitter at @stevedenning.
Steve, organizational storyteller extraordinaire, is the author of several books on management, leadership, innovation and organizational storytelling, including The Leader's Guide To Radical Management (2010), The Leader's Guide to Storytelling (Jossey-Bass 2nd ed. 2011), and The Secret Language of Leadership (Jossey-Bass 2010). Steve's article, "Telling Tales" was published by Harvard Business Review in May 2004.
Steve writes a column on Forbes.com about radical management, leadership, innovation and business storytelling: http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/ Steve is a member of the board of directors of the Scrum Alliance.
Steve is the former program director of knowledge management at the World Bank.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION:
- In November 2000, Steve was named as one of the world's ten Most Admired Knowledge Leaders (Teleos).
- In June 2006, Steve was recognized as an All-Star Speaker by the International Association of Business Communicators.
- In December 2007, The Secret Language of Leadership was selected by the Financial Times in its list of "Best Business Books of 2007".
- In January 2008, The Secret Language of Leadership was selected by 800_CEO-READ, the book distributor, as the best book on leadership in 2007.
- In 2010, The Leader's Guide To Radical Management was selected by 800_CEO-READ, the book distributor, as one of the best five books on management in 2010.
PRAISE FOR THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF LEADERSHIP
Financial Times: "If business leaders do not immediately grasp the vital insights offered by this book, both they and their organizations are doomed."-- Financial Times, August 29, 2007.
Chip Heath: "Steve Denning is the Warren Buffett of business communication. He sees things others don't and is able to explain them so the rest of us can understand." --Chip Heath, co-author of Made to Stick, Stanford University
- Leadership, innovation and business narrative.
- Using story to inspire even difficult audiences with enduring enthusiasm for change.
- Using story to generate high-performance groups, i.e. groups that are not only exceptionally productive, but also deeply meaningful for the participants.