Staff Data Scientist
Member since 3 months
Subhasish Misra is currently a Staff Data Scientist at Walmart Labs where he leads efforts to create data science solutions for Walmart’s customer base. Alongside this, he is also a member of the global data science board (https://www.i-com.org/data-science-board) at i-com, a cross-industry global think tank on harnessing data & analytics for better marketing.
Subhasish has previously worked at Hewlett Packard Co, WPP & Aon and consulted for many Fortune 500 clients across multiple geographies in his 12 years of advanced analytics career. Apart from this, he has filed for three behavioral analytics patents & presented at internal/external conference (sample to the end).
His broad expertise lies along a wide spectrum of marketing analytics & his current data science interest areas are around modeling customer behavior, causal inference & FAT-ML.
Subhasish holds a M.A in Economics from Delhi School of Economics, where Econometrics was one of his focus areas.
Select external conference presentations:
- "Consumer repeat purchase modeling: A hierarchical Bayesian approach" at 1st International conference on business analytics and intelligence (2011), IIM- Ahmedabad
- "Scalable repeat purchase scoring algorithm for large databases" at International conference of Machine learning and computing- (2012 ), Hong-Kong : http://www.ipcsit.com/vol25/028-ICMLC2012-L1012.pdf
- "Predicting repeat purchase behavior using HB model and regression techniques" at 5th Elephant conference (2012): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VsFngCzqE
- "Customer re-purchase analysis in B2B context - a HB based approach" at Predictive analytics world (2011), San Francisco: https://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/newyork/2011/presentations/pdf/Shan.pdf
- "Know thy item substitute - a scalable ML based approach" at 5th International conference on business analytics and intelligence (2017), at Data Centre and Analytics Lab ,IIM-Bangalore: http://dcal.iimb.ernet.in/baiconf2017/pdf/Book%20of%20Abstracts.pdf
- "A statistical approach to measuring demand transference in retail" at 5th International conference on business analytics and intelligence (2017), at Data Centre and Analytics Lab, IIM-Bangalore: http://dcal.iimb.ernet.in/baiconf2017/pdf/Book%20of%20Abstracts.pdf