Sr. Profesor & Director Analytics
IFIM Business School
Member since 5 months
Prof S Chandrasekhar is Senior Prof & Director Business Analytic at IFIM Business School Bangalore since Nov 2013.
He was chair Professor (July 1998-Feb 2013) & officiating Director at FORE School of Management, New Delhi (April 2009 to Jan 2010). He joined FORE School in 1988 as Senior Professor. He also headed the software development at Fore School of Management which are developing prototype of products in the area of Business Intelligence, Risk Management, and Customer Relations Management. He has a total of about 34years of experience in R&D, Academic & Industry in the area of Quantitative Techniques & IT. Taught courses in the area of IT, QT, Adv. Market Research at Post Graduate level.
- Awarded NASSCOM-DEWANG Mehta award for best teacher in IT in Year 2010
- Awarded India Higher Education forum award for contribution of Technology in higher education.2012
- Awarded Times of India Education times Award for Contribution in IT area. 2013
- Facilitated as one of the best teachers by IIM Lucknow Alumni during Silver Jubilee Celebrations.
- Awarded Excellence Award for Contribution in IT Education by Asian Customer Engagement Forum in Dec 2014
- Facilitated by World Wide Achievers forum for contribution in IT March 2015.
- Outstanding Contribution in Education by India Education Network in Sept 2016.
Contribution at IFIM:
- Started Exec PGDM Fifteen months program in Business Analytics in association with IBM.
- Involved in Curriculum Design, Course Content, up gradation of Analytics Lab.
- Involved in the selection of Students and other administrative activities relating to the program like Faculty Recruitment, Student admission process.
- Also introduced business analytics as an area of specialization in Full-time PGDM program also.
- Associated with NASSCOM to launch a joint program in Associate Analytics. Involved right from the beginning. IFIM is a partner for Karnataka state to conduct NASSCOM related programs in Analytics for Karnataka State.
- Taught courses in Analytics for EXEC PGDM & Full-time PGDM students.
Written articles in various Management Magazines, Print Media in the area of Business Analytics and Machine Learning.
Attended NASSOM Big data conference in JULY 2016 & 2017.
Attended Intel Research Colloquium in Oct 2017.
Attended and presented the Research Work at Innovation summit held by Career Launcher.
Panel speaker in IEEE International Conference held at Times Business School New Delhi in Dec 2017.
Conducted research in developing a model for predicting the Loan rating transition using Sentiment Data and Quantitative data using advanced predictive modelling techniques.
Patent has been filed for this work.
Prior to this he worked at Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow for about ten years(1988-98) as Professor in the area of Computers & information Systems. Member Secretary of IIM L Governing Board for about three years.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree in Computer Science from IIT, Kanpur and Doctorate in Quantitative &Information Systems from University of Georgia, USA. Worked in India, USA and Canada in reputed organizations like TIFR, ISRO, NRSA, FORD Aerospace Corporation, National Research Council before joining IIM, Lucknow. Awarded UNDP fellowship for study in Advanced Computer Systems design. Worked in the area of Neural Network, Forecasting using Statistical Techniques, Mathematical Modeling, and Data Warehousing/Data Mining.
He worked as visiting Professor at Manchester Business School, U.K. for about a year. He has taught courses in the area of Information Technology, Decision Sciences and Forecasting. He also held other Academic administrative position at IIM Lucknow as Chairman Admission, Chairman quantitative & System Group, Head of computer Center, Member IIML Governing board etc. and conducted a number of Management Development Programs for Industry Executives.
Professor Chandrasekhar is a Fellow of the Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, Fellow of Institution of Engineers, and Fellow of Association for Information Systems and Senior Member of Computer Society of India. Published about 60 papers in National and International Journals and also presented papers at various International Conferences, Chaired sessions at Intl/National level conferences, Guided students for their Masters and Doctoral Work.
Also a regular speaker in quite a few reputed Institutes like IITM, IIM,IIFT,RBI Training College, National Insurance Academy National Institute Of Bank mgmt etc.
Professor Chandrasekhar has conducted a number of Management Development Programs in the area of Predictive Analytics , text mining Machine learning to, Senior Executives in Industry.
Has published a number of papers in National & Intl. Journals, Chaired a numbers of National & International Conferences, On the Editorial Board of various Journals.
Consultant to various industries in the area of Business Intelligence, Predictive/Descriptive Analytics, Risk management
Consultant to banks like Bank of Punjab, Citi Financials, Solutions International, Airtel, Idea IMRB International ,Air Tel etc.
Founder director of Startup Company incubated at IIT Kanpur funded by SIDBI developing cutting edge solutions in the area of big data Analytics and Risk mgmt.