Building an Android Instant App for realestate.com.au
Recently realestate.com.au worked with Google to launch an Android Instant App that provides users a native experience for viewing property details without the need to explicitly install an app.
In this talk we'll explain our product goals, some UX best practices and what was required technically to build our Instant App. Finally we'll summarise our learnings from the initiative and some thoughts around the future of Instant Apps technology.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- An Introduction to Instant Apps
- Demo of the realestate.com.au Instant App
- Instant App UX considerations
- How Instant Apps work technically
- What we learned from building the realestate.com.au Instant App
- Thoughts about the future of Instant Apps technology
The audience should gain an understanding into:
- What Instant Apps are
- The problems Instant Apps aim to solve
- What the Instant Apps experience is like for end users
- UX best practices for Instant Apps
- Code architecture of Instant Apps
- Technical constraints of Instant Apps
- What REA learned from building the realestate.com.au Instant App
- How Instant Apps technology may evolve in the future
Product managers, designers or developers who work in Android space that may be interested in building their own Instant App experience.