React Native: Building shared components for Android and iOS
This talk discusses how Domain implemented React Native Components in their native Android and iOS apps.
In addition to the technical aspects, the talk will discuss the impact of React Native and what it means for developers. Bringing forth the question of whether the cross-platform ideology of ‘write once, run anywhere’ is the future of mobile development.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Introduction to React Native
- How we implemented and shipped React Native components at Domain
- Technical Details on Android
- Technical Details on iOS
- Lessons Learned / Caveats / Issues
- Result - how did these components perform? Were the project managers happy?
- An overview of using React Native in existing native mobile apps
- Technical insight into how to integrate RN components
- Issues to be aware of when attempting this