Firebase Analytics for App developers
Pretty much every web developer seems to know at least something about Google Analytics and how to use it in a web context. Within the app development landscape, it seems that Google’s “equivalent”, Google Analytics for Firebase, is rather under-utilised by app developers. Firebase Analytics has been around since mid-2016 and allows fine-granular analysis on user behaviour by segmentation and audience management.
This talk will provide an introduction in how to use Firebase Analytics in the context of app development. The focus will be on Android with code samples in Kotlin and Java but will also contain a couple of brief side-steps into what’d be different for iOS- and Unity-developers.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Library setup and basic integration
- Google Analytics events vs. custom events
- Managing and tracking user properties
- Firebase Analytics projects and reporting on them
- Integration with Google Tag Manager and other Firebase products
Getting a hang of Firebase Analytics.
Developers (interesting for all, but focussed on Android)