Two in the Box: Leadership and the Art of Delivering Customer Value Fast
Every business today is being disrupted by how fast things are changing.
Product teams need to continually review and improve their delivery processes, just to compete. But where do you start?
For MYOB, it was in the alignment of its Product and Delivery leadership teams.
MYOB is now better placed to meet their strategic goals, deliver continual improvement and value to their ever-growing client base.
This talk presents MYOB's approach, how they did it and how my role as a Technical Leader has shifted.
Don’t miss your chance to gain an insight into how one of Australia’s most innovative companies works.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Intro to MYOB Future Makers (Product Development continuous improvement program)
- Optimisation for speed of delivering customer value not team utilisation
- Re-structuring Engineering: a new take on the Spotify model
- Organising work around Customer Value
- The Two in the Box concept: Product and Delivery leadership united. How this new way of working changed these roles.
- An MYOB example: Nation, Tribes and Crews
- Benefits and challenges. What we have learned that can help others.
- What’s next in our journey?
People will learn:
- MYOB's approach to meeting the needs of its customers.
- How to align technical leadership and Product vision to work faster.
- The steps MYOB went through to transform the way it works.
- Benefits and challenges they’ve seen after implementing the change.
- Ideas and strategies you can implement in your business today.
- How this change can make you, technical leader, more effective in your role.
CTOs, GM of Engineering, Head of Technology/Delivery/Product, Head of Transformation
Prerequisites for Attendees
Understanding of relationships and challenges between Product and Delivery in a software development organisation.