Grads are your future - it's time to invest!
How awesome would it be if you could easily hire switched on developers who are highly engaged, hungry to learn, challenge the status quo, drive positive cultural change and are not burdened with skepticism from former employers? Starting a graduate program may sound like a lot of hard work, but even a low-fi implementation can produce far-reaching benefits.
In this session, you will hear about SEEK's journey towards a successful and sustainable graduate program. Learn why and how we got started, how it has evolved and the unanticipated benefits our graduates have brought. Along the way, we will discuss practical steps to ensure your graduate intake is diverse, your graduates get targeted, practical technical training and you are building an inclusive culture to support their career development.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Running a recruitment campaign
- Assessing and selecting candidates
- Setting up and execution of a technical bootcamp
- Team rotations and the graduate program
- Establishing coaching & mentoring
- The unanticipated benefit of the program
- The benefits a strong graduate program can bring to your organisation
- The structure of the program
- How to get started and run a grad program, with practical steps from recruitment to completion.
- How to strengthen the diversity of your graduate intake
Technical Leaders looking to establish new or strengthen existing graduate programs