The Why and How of Why in a World of What
All data exists in context, and understanding that context is key to unlocking its potential. In this talk you will learn how we consciously and unconsciously influence the context of data, and how qualitative and quantitative methods can be combined to better interpret and extract insights from data.
The presentation will cover:
- What data in context means
- How bias and interpretation affect data collection, data analysis, and the design of data-driven applications
- The importance of combining quantitative data with qualitative insights; data tells you “what”, whereas qualitative insights tell you “why”
- Lessons learned from five years and over 15 data-driven projects
- A framework for connecting the “why” to the “what”